Thursday 12 December 2013

Tracey's Pussy Galore


I had a catch-up coffee with Tracey Crouch this afternoon. At this point I hadn't seen my Christmas card in a batch labelled "miscellaneous". Had I done so I wouldn't have paid for the coffee!

Tracey and I looked over the latest polling figures from C&A which show her retaining her double-digit advantage over the Conservative Party. The only change since our last poll is the Conservative base has increased in line with national polls. What this indicates is Tracey's lead over Labour is not linked to the performance of the Party nationally, but is personal; a just reward for an outspoken, independent-minded and diligent constituency MP.  In my 24 years I have not known an MP (apart perhaps from Ann Widdecombe) who has such high personal approval ratings. In our 30 minutes in Costa at least eight people stopped to say hello; and this was in West Malling, which is outside her constituency boundary!

Tracey told me that her office were highly amused that her pussy cats' Facebook page has more followers than she does!  (If you're not following Mungo & Basil - here is the link https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mungo-Basil/397863187000558?fref=ts)  This doesn't surprise me; what it shows is a humanisation of politics and a desire to reconnect, something Tracey excels at. People want their politicians to be real, human, accessible and approachable. This is why she has more followers on Twitter than any other local MP.

I have blogged many times about C&A being an Association which punches above its weight politically. Within C&A Tracey is a round peg in a round hole. They are a super team and I am proud to work for them. Even if I am "miscellaneous"!

No comments:

Post a Comment