Sunday 21 June 2015

Canterbury Labour councillor Bernadette Fisher should apologise

I have broad shoulders and I try to take a sanguine view when campaigning gets a bit 'near the knuckle' but I am genuinely appalled and sickened by a tweet which has just been brought to my attention.

Canterbury Labour councillor Bernadette Fisher (elected for Gorrell ward on Thursday 7 May) has just tweeted a photo-shopped picture showing Lynton Crosby outside the gates of the Auschwitz Concentration Camp, he is on the phone to David Cameron and saying "I'm in Poland, I have just had a great idea on how to reduce the welfare budget. Now hear my out..."


Councillor Fisher should apologise for retweeting this offensive, vulgar and crass tweet and the Labour Party should take appropriate action or else they will be seen as condoning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment