Friday 25 September 2015

Canterbury Tales


In the train en route to meet Canterbury Council Leader, Simon Cook. 

Shortly before arriving at Canterbury, two charming elderly ladies sitting opposite me started to gather their belongings.

"Do you think Canterbury's historical connection with pilgrimage and Christianity might result in the town displaying outwardly higher moral standards than most?' asked one lady, hopefully. 

Her friend gave the question a few moments careful consideration before replying, "I cannot see how living in close proximity to such values could not have a cleansing effect, though I fear the young will have been corrupted by modern sins, as they have been almost everywhere else."

Knowing many Canterbury Conservatives very well I was tempted to reply, 'I can assure you none of the young people I know in Canterbury have been so afflicted' but I could hardly lie to two nuns, could I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment