Friday 3 February 2017

The West Kent Five becomes SIX!



Over recent months I have been working closely with members of Gravesham Conservative Association on their application to join the West Kent Group, and I am delighted to confirm that at tonight's meeting of the Association's Executive Council members voted to accept terms.

The Association will formally join the West Kent Group on 1 March 2017, just in time for Gravesham's three Labour County Councillors to feel the benefit of my "special attention". I suspect they already know what is coming their way as last August I was asked to help run a by-election in the town, resulting in a Conservative gain from Labour on a 7% swing. In fact, I think it is safe to say that it was our help and support in that by-election that probably convinced the local Association of the benefits of joint working.

General Elections are won or lost in the North Kent marginal seats such as Chatham & Aylesford and Gravesham. I greatly look forward to working with some great local people in the months and years ahead as we fight to keep Adam Holloway in Parliament and keep Gravesham Council in safe Conservative hands. Roll on Thursday 4 May.

Welcome on board!


No comments:

Post a Comment